1999 – 2001 Network Consultant
I maintained the Desoto Parish School District network infrastructure through a contract federal grant known as E-Rate.
The universal service Schools and Libraries Program, commonly known as “E–rate,” provides discounts of up to 90 percent to help eligible schools and libraries in the United States obtain affordable telecommunications and internet access.
- Responsible for Desoto Parish WAN/LANs – Bay routers, NT Servers
- Design/implement and trouble shoot WAN/LAN networks for customers
- Setup Internet access for networked PC’s (modem, 56K, ISDN, T1)
- Server Setup (WWW, Email, Domain, Application)
- Network application setup without network server (peer-to-peer)
- Installation of business telephone systems
- Telephone and Computer network wiring
- Customer Training (email, www, OS, applications)
- Desktop support for teachers and administrators
- Network and PC trouble shooting and repair